Cruisin’ Marquette County
Marquette County is home to the City of Marquette , the largest city inMichigan ’s Upper Peninsula. I should probably note for all you Harley riders, Marquette has the only Harley Davidson Dealer in the U.P.
Since Marquette is the largest town in the U.P, if you’re looking for something more robust in the way of a night life and entertainment this would probably be the place. Northern Michigan University provides for diverse selection of restaurants serving up some great chow.
Marquette offers a lot, but there are more towns in Marquette County that you should check out which include towns like Gwinn, Negaunee and Ishpeming when you’re searching the net for things to see and do. Oh, you might want to consider a little road trip up to Big Bay if you have some time.
M-28 – Marquette to Munising
It’s my favorite stretch of M-28 as it tracks the shoreline offering some great views of Lake Superior with plenty of places to pull over and grab some beach time.
(Two Thumbs Up)
M-35 – Negaunee to Gwinn
This road has some real history tied to it, but this section probably offers the most interesting riding if you like a few twists an turns. Passing by the Empire Mine will have you doing a double take. One of my favorite rides here in the central U.P.
(Three Thumbs Up)
Big Bay Road
This is a great road without the traffic. Once you find the road on the north side of Marquette you won’t be disapointed. There is a nice park and a campground up in Big Bay and a couple watering holes.
(Two Thumbs Up)
One view you’ll want to see is from top of Sugar Loaf Mountain. It’ll take a little effort to hike up, but it’s one of the top five overlooks in the U.P.
Area Motorcycle Events
Little Lake Ride In – This is one of the premier motorcycling gatherings in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Held at the American Legion Post 349, HighwayM-35 in Little Lake Michigan, the Little Lake Ride-In is one of the largest annual motorcycle events in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Biker Discounts Available
Show the below businesses your U.P. Cruising Biker Discount Card to get their special biker discounts.
- Up North Lodge (10% Off Food & Clothing)
- Best Western Country Inn (15% off any reg priced room) reservation required
- Country Grill Pub & Eatery ($1 off any appetizer)
- Country Grill Pub & Eatery (10% off any food purchase of $25 or more)
- Country Lanes Entertainment Center ( $1 off any large pizza)
- Country Lanes Entertainment Center (Free game of bowling with purchase of same) 1 per person per day
- Country Village Banquet & Conference Center ( 10% off the room rental fee for any event) Good on room rental fee only, Reservation required
- Country Village Cinema V ($1.50 off a large popcorn) 486-SHOW
- Country Village RV Park (15% off any regular priced site) Reservation required
- Jasper Ridge Brewery ($1 off any Appetizer)
- Jasper Ridge Brewery (10% off any lunch or dinner purchase of $25 or more)
- Jasper Ride Inn (15% off any standard room rental) Reservation required
- Shape Up Fitness (15% off any fitness package)
- Full Throttle Bar and Grill (10% Off Food & Clothing)
- Comfort Suites (15% Off Regular Rate – Includes whirlpool suites)
- Daybreak Charters (10% discount on charters/sightseeing + a Free T-shirt)
- Days Inn (15% Off Regular Rate)
- Cedar Motor Inn (15% off Reg. Room Rate)
- Country Inn & Suites (15% Off Rack Rates)
- Marquette Motor Lodge (10% Off Base Rates)
- Lakenenland Sculpture Park (It’s Free)
- Uncle Ducky Charters (Call ahead for available discounts)
- Sturgis Saloon (10% off Food)