Cruisin’ Luce County
For any biker riding anywhere near Luce County I recommend a stop at Tahquamenon Falls. These spectacular waterfalls draw thousands of visitors every year and should be on your U.P. bucket list.
Highway 123 takes you from Highway M-28 through the town of Newberry, Michigan to Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Two lanes of nice blacktop take you all the way to the park and eventually to the Town of Paradise in Chippewa County where bikers typically ride north to Whitefish Point.
Tahquamenon Fall State Park is the number one tourist attraction in Luce County. The falls are located in a state park of the same name and are within easy walking distance from the parking lot. While everyone should see the falls from the main platform, there are walkways along the bank of the river that offer some great views of the waterfalls. Back at the parking lot, you find a microbrewery where you can get a cold brew and some chow to go with it.
Called the Toonerville Trolley, this little train will take you on a scenic ride to the base of the falls. You can leave your helmets with the attendee and hop a train and let someone else do the driving.
Biker Discounts Available
Show the below businesses your U.P. Cruising Biker Discount Card to get their special biker discounts.
- Sno Shu Inn (10% off cabin rental)
- Cobblestone Bar & Grill (10% off food)
- Comfort Inn (10% Off Room Rate)
- Americas Best Value Inn (10% Off Room Rate)
- Falls Hotel, Restaurant, & Lounge (10% discount on food & lodging)
- Northcountry Campground & Cabins (10% off campground & cabins**)
- Tahquamenon Falls Excursion (10% Off ticket Per Bike)
**Some restrictions apply